Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Crumble in the Bronx | Personal

Our mini trips from NJ into NYC included a first time visit to the Bronx Borough for me as well as good eats at old time favorites.


We got some awesome cookies from Madonia Brothers Bakery in the Bronx. I can assure you that no stick of butter was spared in the making of these crumbly cookies.


A local meat market in the Bronx


This deli looked like a dungeon and the air was really humid. I had to step out in fear of inhaling a mold spore.


We were fortunate enough to get into the Bronx Zoo for free as most of the animals were either missing or hiding from the inclement weather. The highlight for all of us was the sea lion feeding.


Nat demonstrates how a sea lion eats fish








No trip to NYC is complete without a meal at Joe's Shanghai


Din Tai Fung is no match for Joe's crab xiao long bao.


Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity


I finally got to see Patrick's dorm at Columbia University.


Ah, the good ol' days in the tiny dorm room where you kept your clean and dirty clothes in a pile. Now that I live in a house I keep my clean and dirty clothes in separate piles in the bedroom.


Only in Times Square will you find Elmo and Spider-Man competing for the attention of a hot woman.

No comments: