Monday, October 12, 2009

Emilia's Pizzeria | Food

Last Friday I seriously had the best NY-style pie west of Brooklyn at Emilia's Pizzeria. My expectations were hyped up after reading this article and I wasn't disappointed. Berkeley has bred some excellent pizzerias over the years and if you're in the mood for something other than Zachary's or Cheeseboard, head over to Emilia's and give pizzaiolo/owner Keith Freilich some love. (FYI, I am in no way affiliated or compensated by Emilia's Pizzeria for this post - just passionate about good pizza!)

2 caveats:
1. Check out Emilia's site for updates as they do tend to run out of dough. 2. Be patient - Emilia's has only been open a week and so far he seems to be running the place solo. In any case, his pies are worth the wait.


Nat was a little groggy/cranky when we arrived.


pizzaiolo/owner Keith running the show solo. Look at the line!



We literally got the last 2 pies of the night. Here we are occupying 2 out of the 3 tables in the cozy dining area.


sausage and roasted red pepper. Our second pie was pepperoni - which was even better, if that's possible. It was so good that we scarfed it down before I could get a shot.


Stellar pizza turned Nat's frown upside down pretty quick!

5 comments:

akuban said...

Whew! I'm glad that the place lived up to the hype. I was afraid I'd declared it brilliant too soon. All the reviews I've seen of the place so far seem to be pretty good. You're lucky it's your local place.

Paulie Gee said...

You are the Pied Piper Mr Kuban.

Ciao,

Paulie Gee

Paulie Gee said...

And that pie and the pictures look very good.

Ciao,

Paulie Gee

Unknown said...

Thanks Adam - loved your article!

catman said...

pies look good. crust looks like it's made from Giustos flour. my pies look a lot like this oddly enough. can't wait to try it!