Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Training Day



Memorial Park outside the Marriott


Being back in Kansas City for training this week has been a nice change of pace. It's really somewhat of a vacation from *vacation*. I think I'm spoiled with the good weather in San Diego but KC's weather this week has been splendid so far (I hear it's supposed to rain by week's end). It has been said that Kansas City has more fountains than all of France - this one pictured above has at least 50 alone! I must say the Marriott in dowtown KC is pretty nice but there's nothing to do around here at night. After 6pm it's like a ghost town!


For that I reason I was wondering what I was gonna do about dinner... I usually avoid hotel food whenever possible because it's overpriced. Last night I took a good walk around and found not a single open business 'round these parts. oy... I was subjected to eating hotel food (plenty of bad experiences to say the least). To my surprise, the burger I had was excellent! Not sure if it was my skipping lunch and overbearing hunger but I could only inhale my dinner -- a savory half-pound burger with grilled onions, mushrooms, and blue cheese on a toasted bun -- pretty darn gourmet stuff. mmm...


The Good Burger


I just might be enjoying this for dinner every night this week =)

No comments: