Friday, April 17, 2009

Taiwan Part 2

In my opinion the best part of our Taiwan trip so far has been the food. In this update you'll see lots of good eats amidst sightseeing at Yehliu Geopark, Taiwan National Museum, nightmarkets, and Taipei 101 - which is perhaps the face of modern Taiwan.

I wasn't able to sleep my first night and got this alley shot from balcony of the flat where we were staying.


I could start every morning with freshly made Chinese pastries.






shopping for produce at 5:45am local time


freshly made "baozi"






the rain came down in sheets on our first day out


scooters and taxis fight for inches at every street light




Nat enjoying fresh soymilk


another nice trinket from our driver's Sanrio-adorned van


the bay at Yehliu




famous rock formation that looks like the head of Cleopatra








with Auntie Jane at Yehliu




a restaurant more famous for its architecture than its food






the long walk to the Taiwan National Museum - I literally spent 5 minutes going up and down the stairs and was soaking wet with sweat. It was pretty humid that afternoon.








Taipei 101 at night




Tong Hua Nightmarket


duck tongues


the infamous Taiwanese Hot Dog with a bun made out of rice grilled in a sausage casing




4 bowls of noodles and 2 side dishes for $10


the first chinese character in McDonald's is the same as my last name


"lian wu" fruit


freshly squeezed OJ


enroute to Danshui




downtown Taipei


the clouds were awesome above Taipei 101


the prettiest ugly MINI Clubman I've seen


for the Chinster who got screwed over by termites and couldn't make the trip out


One of the many buildings where Chen Shui Bian hid his money before his downfall




a TRD Corolla Taxi




afternoon tea at the Four Seasons














jetlag plus food coma was a double-whammy that afternoon


we managed to fit one more meal into the day with some beef noodle soup and steamed spareribs




2 comments:

Calvin said...

You're making me hungry...!

Unknown said...

JEALOUS I couldn't be there. Food looks so good, pictures are amazing and makes me feel like I was there minus the tasting part of it. =) NICE pictures!